4/7/10



THE RANDOM MUSINGS OF A LEBANESE HALFBREED

Edition 1.4


Tempted as I am to discuss the images of young Neo-Nazis and imperialist-hating cretins (what a good word, thanks Winnie) being relentlessly flashed before me, I shall resist. But before I move on I just want to say one thing: “'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.”


“Oh the hills are alive, with the sound of music…”


We’ve just returned from playing the Splashy Fen music festival in the Underberg of Kwazulu-Natal, it was our first time attending, we’ve survived many Oppikoppi’s, a KKnK, some Aardklop, Woodstock but never been to Splashy Fen for some reason, and I just have to say that it was not only beautiful, but well organized - an all round winner. The arrogant me would say that it wouldn’t have been as amazing if we hadn’t played, there is something spectacularly divine that happens when Cortina Whiplash play a gig somewhere, it’s as if their music spreads pure joy. But of course that would be inappropriate and extremely bias.

I figure if every one else is living in a delusion I might as well join in the fun. In my delusion, Cortina Whiplash have the space and funding to only spend their time writing music and becoming better musicians. We also have a pet baby cayman alligator called Snuffy.


What’s it like in your delusion?


Peace in the Middle East

The Lebanese Assassin


Facebook : Cortina Whiplash